How is the climate making a subsistence lifestyle in Alaska’s Interior more challenging?
People from Beaver, Delta, Holy Cross, Lake Minchumina, Nulato, Tok, and Venetie share stories and images of climate-related environmental conditions affecting their travel to areas used for hunting, fishing, trapping, and gathering.
Stories combine with maps that reinforce their observations, with data visualizations of temperature, precipitation, snow levels, wildfires, and permafrost.
- Enthusiasts + Media
- Scenarios Network for Alaska + Arctic Planning (SNAP)
- Alaska Dept of Fish & Game (ADFG)
- Community Partnerships for Self-Reliance (CPS)
- Council of Athabascan Tribal Governments (CATG)
- International Arctic Research Center (IARC)
- NASA Arctic-Boreal Vulnerability Experiment (ABoVE)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
- UAF Institute of Arctic Biology
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF)
- National Science Foundation