Software Developer + Geospatial Analyst
Join our growing team at the University of Alaska Fairbanks! We are scientists, designers, communications specialists, data scientists, and programmers who engage with academics, engineers, managers, and the public.
Our team applies University research to improve our understanding of Alaska’s changing climate. In this position, you will:
- Work as a web and mobile app programmer who collaborates with multiple UAF research units.
- Produce and manage large-scale geospatial data to create modern, data-driven web tools and mobile applications.
- Prepare and manage datasets to facilitate discovery, access, visualization, and application of research data.
Your work will help provide data-focused direction for crafting realistic adaptation strategies for Alaskans.
How to apply
You must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
- Cover letter and resume
- Contact information for 3 professional references
- A “Portfolio” document that should be accessible without credentials needed (no login required). Portfolio should contain:
- A URL to code examples (e.g. GitHub repositories)
- One digital example of a work product such as a web tool or visualization, or a mobile (iOS / Android) app
- A description of the referenced materials, plus clear explanation of ownership, authorship and/or provenance of the referenced materials
DEADLINE: 11/29/2020 at 11:55 PM Alaska Time. Application review begins 11/30/2020. This posting will be closed once it is filled.